With Windows 8, Microsoft has introduced a new mode which they call the Airplane mode.
This option allows you to turn off all the network connections i.e. take your device to offline mode.
This functionality is generally for the mobile users, who would like to turn off all the network connections, specially when they are in the flight.
Here is a detailed, step-by-step guide to turn on the Airplane mode:
(1) First take your mouse cursor to the upper right corner and wait for the charms bar to begin.
(2) Then select the charms bar.
A new menu will pop out.
(3) Just select Change PC settings option from there.
This will launch the metro control panel.
(4) Slide the Slider to turn Airplane mode on
(5) Then, go to the Wireless menu, located on the bottom left side.
When you click on the Wireless menu, a new menu will appear on the right side.
(6) The first option on the right side will be Airplane mode.
There will be a sliding switch which is by default on the off position.
You can slide the slider to turn on the Airplane mode and disable all the wireless connections.
(7) Airplane mode is now turned on
You may also like
- Windows 8: How To Get To The Old Style Windows Control Panel
- How To Network Windows 8
- How to Turn Your Windows 8 Laptop into a Wireless Access Point
- How to Run Off Windows Defender In Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- How to Use File History : Windows 8 Built-in Backup Tool
- Windows 8 : Shell Keyboard Shortcuts