The start button is visible again in 8.1 but it has its limitations. The new Start button provides at most a simpler way to switch between the Start screen with tiles and the desktop. Want the real start button again like in Windows 7 you can use the software Classic Shell 4.0.0 this work already for Windows 8.1 and is free. The choice is yours and just continue on the same path and the original, now 18 years old Start button leave forever behind your.
Example personal photos
The old lock screen of Windows 8 allowed you to set, which is then up to five images in turn appeared on screen, accompanied by a date and time stamp. In Windows 8.1 you will be the background of the lock screen can be equipped with a collection of photos in a local folder or a copy on SkyDrive. These pictures come by in a slideshow, some of which are transformed into a photo collage. algorithm behind the movie has some clever tricks. It displays the current date, so it will adjust the pictures to the season in which you have taken them, whether it be images of this year or last year.
Everywhere the same home screen
is one of the biggest annoyances of Windows 8 was the fact that you homescreen was tied to a single device. If you connected a second device to your Microsoft account, you had to re-install apps and layout of your tiles and groups do all over again. In Windows 8.1, you can automatically transfer your favorite format for new machines.
improved Mail application
WINDOWS 8.1 The e-mail application in the Windows 8 Metro environment is not exactly one of the stronger points of Windows 8. Inadequate functionality and a lot of performance problems after the launch of Windows 8 make this application a thorn in the side view of Surface and Windows 8 user. Fortunately, Microsoft has also understood this, so in Windows 8.1 we will encounter an entirely new application. Besides that the application has been given a new look, there are added to the application., A number of new features
- emails with social networking updates and newsletters are automatically filtered and placed in a special folder at the bottom of the application. If you do not want then you can mail back to your inbox in tow.
- Outlouk.com cleanup functionality is also available within the application
- You can now set an automatic reply in case you’re away for a while or should not be disturbed.
- And what has been worthwhile endeavor is of course the synchronization between your outlook.com account and the client in terms of calendar and contacts.
There are adjustments made where later returned as is.
- The lock screen, you can equip a single picture at this time will change to ‘best cloud driven by the picture frame in the world. “
- The home screen is a lot more flexible. Microsoft introduces two new tile formats, new ways to use the “All apps’ screen and you can now link the layout of the home screen to your Microsoft account, so you get the same starting configuration on all your devices.
- The settings in the “Metro Area” of your PC is dramatically extended to virtually every option you could find in the Control Panel now also be found in the area of touch-friendly Windows 8.
- The Windows Store has received a completely new design.
- If you click on the search option in the ‘Charms bar’ in the home screen, you no longer have to choose. From a long list of options You get a universal search field and the results will be a combination of apps, files, settings, online content and results of installed apps.
- The virtual keyboard has been improved auto-suggestion, and also supports new touch gestures, making it easier to add without having to switch between letters and numbers / symbols. Numbers and symbols
- Updates to apps from the Windows Store will now be applied automatically as part of the regular maintenance process in Windows 8.1. That’s a big difference with Windows 8, where you were supposed to update apps. Manually