Conversations and chats with Windows 8 as the keyboard has a large ensemble of symbols and smileys that can be added with just a tap or a click.
Though the touch-based keyboard of Windows 8 is specific for the tablet screen, it can as well be used on a regular desktop and mouse.
To access the Symbols and Smileys, press the Windows Key + R shortcut to open the Run box in Windows 8, then type the command tab-tip and hit Enter. Or, you can switch to the desktop view in Windows 8 by pressing the Windows Key, right-click any empty area in the task bar and choose Toolbars —> Touch Keyboard.
When the Touch Keyboard is visible on the screen, tap or click the Smiley key on the virtual keyboard and the different alphabet keys will be replaced with icons. Use the arrow keys and choose your smileys and symbols.
You may also like
- How to Install a Virtualized Copy of Ubuntu in Windows 8
- Windows 8: Fast App Switching Between Metro and Desktop Apps
- How To Use Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 Release Preview
- Windows 8.1 – Features and improvements
- How To Create a Metro Shortcut For Shutting Down
- Windows 8: Tips and Tricks for desktop users