Microsoft began accepting orders for Windows 8 from August 22 inwards. The new operating system will be delivered only on or after October 26.
People who own a personal computer running earlier versions of Windows can buy the revamped system for $14.99 to $39.99.
The lower price is being offered to PC owners who have bought a machine powered by Windows 7 since June 2. Everyone else with a Windows-based computer will have to pay the higher price if they want to upgrade.
The chance to upgrade at these prices expires on January 31.
You may also like
- Microsoft Opens Windows 8 Pre-orders
- Microsoft Unveils $39.99 Windows 8 Upgrade
- Microsoft May Allow Discounted Upgrades To Windows 8
- Windows 8 Release Update Offer : How To Upgrade To Pro Without Buying A New PC
- Microsoft Not To Offer a Full Retail Boxed Windows 8 DVD
- Microsoft Windows 8 Will Have User-Friendly Reinstall Button