- Make sure your PC is plugged in and connected to the Internet using a non-metered connection. Don’t disconnect, unplug, or turn off your PC while the update is being installed.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- (If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Windows Update.
- Tap or click Check now.
- If updates are found, tap or click View details.
- In the list of updates, select the update containing KB 2919355, and then tap or click Install.
- If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or provide confirmation.
- After the installation is complete, restart your PC and sign in.
How much drive space you need to install the update
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit version): 2 GB
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit version): 0.8 GB
- Windows RT 8.1: 1.1 GB
If you’re running Windows 8.1, go to the Microsoft Download Center: