Portable 3G routers are available in the market and you can take it with you when you go out. But what will you do when you forget to take your portable 3G router?
Here is a command line trick to create your own Wi-Fi hotspot:
(1) Press the Windows + R key combination to bring up a run box, type ncpa.cpl and press enter.
(2) When your network connections open right-click on your Wireless network adapter and select properties from the context menu.
(3) Switch over to the Sharing tab and allow other devices to use your machines internet by selecting the first checkbox and then unchecking the second before clicking on the OK button.
(4) Right-click in the bottom left of your screen, to launch an administrative command prompt.
(5) The first thing we need to do is set up the wireless network, this is done using the netsh command like so:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow (name of your network)= (password you want users to connect with)
(the access point is created with WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption)
(6) Now you ready to start broadcasting your network:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
(7) The last command you will need to know is the show command, it will tell you things like the channel you are on as well as the number of clients connected to your network:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork